02 June 2011

Not an interesting post

I got un-grumpified by taking a few days off and doing some very fun things with Sir John and old friends; I even got an idea about how to strengthen the argument in the essay that is taking too long to finish (oh, wait, that's all my essays, ever). But now I'm feeling very anxious about all the things I have to do now, today, this week, this month, this summer. I planned to get right to work yesterday: one two-hour chunk on the essay, one two-hour chunk later in the day on the Next Thing. And then more and more things kept occurring to me that I Urgently! Had! To Get Done! and so instead of doing them, I spent the day reading a new-old sci fi book that I had picked up in the days off (new to me, in a series I enjoy, but out for at least a decade) and humming "la la la can't hear you" every time anything reminded me of the To Do list.

So today I am going to try to Suck Less, because it isn't going to get any earlier and I can at least keep from making it worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hear ya! Taking time off is so essential. And my writing takes longer than it should, too.