07 June 2011

1376 words

I sat down to work on an outline for another sub-section of the writing project, but wound up writing about ideas on that topic that I hadn't thought of before. I will have to see who else has written about one of these ideas. It connects so obviously to a Well-Known Motif that I'm sure someone else has done the connecting. I can't help thinking, however, how very cool it would be if this were to be a new discovery. Which it won't be. But I'll leave the disappointment till tomorrow, because I need to go on to do some reading and noting for the conference paper. Or maybe day-after-tomorrow, because I have to go to campus tomorrow, and that will eat time.

Oh, and I'm done with the thousand lines of translation. I can return to the beginning and start polishing. That's the hard part.

2 comments:

Renaissance Girl said...

So intrigued about the translation, wondering what text is offering you so much fun.

Dame Eleanor Hull said...

Another 21,304 lines to go, if that's any help.