07 December 2010

Oh, come on, cats!

Pull yourselves together.

Now Basement Cat is off his feed, under the weather, etc. Inconclusive vet trip this morning. If he's not eating by tomorrow morning, there will have to be another (no doubt even more expensive) vet trip, because we can't afford to ignore the possibility that he might have found some string to eat, even though we don't know how he might have done that. But if anybody around here were going to manage it, Basement Cat would be the one to do it. At any rate, at this point every single one of our non-human housemates is on twice-a-day medication. Most of them, at least, are pretty good about it.

Basement Cat needs two humans and a towel.

I'm getting a little tired of all the cat drama.

I did finish grading all the papers and got them all back yesterday. Now I have exams to grade, instead.

I found a missing mechanical pencil and am hoping that this might be a good omen for retrieving other lost objects. Not holding my breath, though.

And my favorite news of the day . . . the e-mail server is down at school. Being out of touch is surprisingly restful. I'm sure that when the server comes back, I'll have a ridiculous amount of mail, but for now, out of sight is out of mind.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wow! It's totally that time of year, aieee!