06 June 2011

Starting out well

After reading all the comments here, I decided I should listen to Trevelia, Notorious Ph.D., and myself, and get myself onto my Ideal Schedule. Ideal Schedule has the added advantage of being good jet-lag-reduction preparation for my trip to England: if I'm going to bed at 3:00 a.m. Greenwich time, and getting up at noon there, it's a little easier to adapt than if I were going to bed at 6:00 a.m. Greenwich and getting up in mid-afternoon.

Even if I manage to shift back to 2:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. in the last few days before I leave, there will still be jet lag. It just isn't so cruel as it might be.

Anyway, I got to my desk by 6:00 a.m. local time, and today I have outlined another mini-essay section of the Summer Submission Project (suspiciously easily: will this one break down when I go to write it?), done some translating, begun to assemble bibliography for the better-read-fast conference paper (including putting in ILL requests), and taken some notes for the Pedagogical Project. That's an excellent day's work. Now it's time to stretch and exercise and enjoy a summer's day for awhile, before it's time to cook dinner and watch some cycling. And remember to go to bed early. That's the hardest part of the Ideal Schedule. I wish I could do without sleep, but that never works for me.

I'm hoping to get all the mini-essay chunks outlined this week. Also to finish 1000 lines of very very rough translation, and begin the polishing process. There must be more reading and note-taking. Much more. Starting tomorrow.

No comments: