13 June 2011

[groan]

Six people went to a Japanese restaurant last night. I was the only one over age 7 who didn't eat raw fish. I was also the only one to get sick. Is this fair, right, or reasonable?

I'm tired. My head hurts. Looking at a screen makes it hurt worse. I seem to be able to read on paper in 10-15 minute increments, interspersed with resting my eyes or doing some undemanding bit of housework, like laundry.

Would someone please give me permission to spend the day putting sticky notes in books for later written note-taking, sorting out stuff that needs to be filed or tossed, and otherwise taking it easy, instead of panicking over the conference paper and the article that both need to get written?

2 comments:

undine said...

Permission granted! You can't work when you're sick.

What Now? said...

Oh heavens, I'm sure the entire blogosphere gives you permission! Take care of yourself.