20 March 2011

Spring Break Scorecard

The not-so-good:
Severe insomnia.
I didn't go anywhere, not even to one of the day-excursions Sir John and I have discussed.
Unusually painful root canal (I've had several; they aren't usually this bad).
Newspapers full of distressing but compelling news (no doubt contributing to insomnia).

The better:
Not having to teach while insomniac.
Having time to watch the DVR'd Paris-Nice race.
I went to the gym every day, and got my swimming up to 5/6 of a mile in one session; I only skipped doing yoga twice.
I also got a massage.
There were four sunny days.
I had lunch with a friend.
I read three pieces of brain candy (Freda Warrington is doing good Faerie stuff).

And that list of things to do during spring break? I have just barely scraped a C (70.2% of the items are crossed off).

Funny how I managed to put off the thing that looks like grading. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.

No comments: