07 August 2009

Rock 'n' Roll Camp

A friend of mine just invited me to go to the Ladies' Rock Camp with her.

I wish I were the sort of person who would enjoy it. It sounds like the sort of thing that ought to be fun, where the participants would be interesting, creative, weird-in-the-right-sort-of-way people I'd like to get to know. But, actually, I think I'd be a total wet blanket and not have a good time. Too noisy, too many people I don't know, too much having to be a team with people I don't know, too likely to involve late nights, and did I mention too noisy?

Maybe some of the interesting, creative, weird-in-the-right-sort-of-way people I'd like to get to know would enjoy a library trip with me? The day would start with yoga at sunrise, then we'd into the library as soon as it opens to stare at 600-year-old pages apparently written by a robin or a sparrow that walked through an ink puddle, and in mid-afternoon (when going cross-eyed) we'd give up and go have a glass of wine in some quiet little cafe, preferably one with a garden.

I'm wildly flattered to have been asked, though. Someone thinks I'm a wild and crazy kind of gal who should go to Rock 'n' Roll Camp! How cool is that?

Don't let the appearance of a new post keep you from commenting on your experiences with writing groups . . .

1 comment:

Fencing Bear said...

I'm with you on the choice between a rock'n'roll camp and a library camp. Your schedule sounds idyllic to me!