10 June 2008

Later than I think

This turned into the semester that would not die, with incompletes and administrative tasks hanging on for some time. But at last I wrapped it up, and started thinking about settling into a summer routine, setting a pattern for sabbatical work that I can continue in the fall: half an hour of Greek study in the morning, then writing, some library time; should I go to the gym first thing, or use exercise as a break in the middle of the day? Of course, all this will be interrupted by summer travel plans, but it would be great to get into a groove.

Summer travel plans.

Summer travel plans! Today is . . . Tuesday . . . the tenth of June. In a week I will be on a plane to England. Hell's bells. So much for getting into a groove. I have to finish a conference paper, and make various arrangements for being away. I know I have time management problems, but I'm not usually this bad. Really. But it was a very turbulent semester, and it just started seeming like summer here, and I can't believe I'm about to be gone for over a month.

So. Who's going to be in London during the period mid-June to late July? Leave me a comment or e-mail me if you'd like to meet up.

1 comment:

Dr. Virago said...

I've been meaning to comment on this for awhile - sorry for the lateness. Anyway, I'll be in London briefly, July 27-30 (leaving July 31). I'm arriving in the afternoon on Sunday the 27th and I'll be at the BL on Monday and Wednesday, but out in Windsor on that Tuesday. I'm staying very near the BL. E-mail me at drvirago2[at]gmail[dot]com if you want to meet up.