14 March 2011

Lists

Over the past couple of weeks, my lists have been growing, both in the sense of adding items and in the sense of having multiple lists in different places: in the calendar, on post-its, jotted on the edge of a hand-out, in hopes that I'd remember at some point that I needed to do this or that. My first task this morning was to consolidate these lists.

The result is very long, which in itself is a bit daunting, even though most of the individual items shouldn't take very long. (Exceptions: taxes; perhaps revising a syllabus that needs serious intervention.) But, happily, I recalled Dr. Crazy's 60% rule: when she finishes 60% of the items on a list, she thinks she's done well.

At least, I think that's the figure she uses. At any rate, I'm adopting it. Sixty per cent is a D, by many grading schemes (and can I just say that the standard American scheme is pretty funky, in my opinion, and not applicable to many situations---but that's another post). I think I can manage to pull off a D in list-completion, this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ds get degrees.