18 October 2010

I . . . don't know what to say

I should go to bed; instead, of course, I'm reading blogs, & of course my attention was caught by this title: Mid-Semester Sinking Feeling. I clicked over, and read this:

"The mere act of cleaning my office, clipping together my packets, and creating my cover sheets brought me tremendous clarity. I even put my cover sheets onto beautiful flowered paper to remind me that each writing project is a joyful blessing in my professional life!"

Sorry, but you just lost me, even though I usually love to read about getting organized. I'm going to have to fall back on my favorite quotation from Anne Lamott: "That is so beautiful, I said; and I am so mentally ill."

Only, really, I don't think I'm the sick one here.

7 comments:

Renaissance Girl said...

There is no sinking in this paragraph! This woman lies! Thank you for the Lamott line, which I didn't know.

auto ethnographer said...

I needed a good laugh tonight; thanks for that!

Clio Bluestocking said...

I think I just threw up a little. Is this, perhaps, satire? It's so hard to tell these days.

Dame Eleanor Hull said...

RG: It's from _Bird by Bird_, where she's talking about jealousy.

AE: you're welcome!

Clio: I don't think so, but that certainly would make it less nauseating.

undine said...

My projects are mapped to a fare-thee-well. Still doesn't help me actually write the things.

Anonymous said...

Our mid-semester doldrums today really are as advertised!

And if the to-do piles in my office get any higher they will be a suffocation hazard in addition to the regular fire hazard...

Ink said...

LMAO! For reals! And that Lamott line is fab.