Then Wednesday Sir John and I went hiking at a state park---nothing too challenging, but still, we were so tired out at the end of the day that yesterday I kept spinning my wheels. So I'm giving you a boring list-y post of things I have to do:
- Read a revised dissertation draft.
- Sort out various papers I brought home from campus.
- Sort and file various papers in my study.
- Mail a very late birthday card to a nephew.
- Write an abstract for a Zoo paper.
- Set up a real schedule for next week.
There are some more fun or at least more active things to do, as well:
- Propose times and venues to get together with a friend.
- Put away laundry.
- Supervise kitten-cat interactions.
I'm not too surprised that the kitten has found a hair scrunchie to play with; there are lots around here. But how did he manage to turn the one scrunchie of a minute ago into two? It's the miracle of the hair scrunchies! But I'd better take the dissertation to high ground before he turns its pages to papier-mache. The corners of a 2008 Zoo handout I left on my desk are beyond perforated now; in fact, they're well into mutilated.
I'll let you know how it goes. And I'd better put "write interesting blog post" on the list.